Saturday, February 5, 2011

Nritya Tarangini

My research work in India is focused on Tarangams and Kuchipudi dance. Tarangam, is a common name for a song that is part of Narayana Teertha's Sanskrit opera Sri Krishna Leela Tarangini. Though there are over 150 songs in the text, only a handful are commonly performed by Kuchipudi artists.

Over the last few months I and my mentor Dr. K. Uma Rama Rao have been putting together a production that is based on excerpts from the Sri Krishna Leela Tarangini. I will be presenting this show in Hyderabad in 2 weeks, at the Ravindra Bharati! I am excited to present my own production, this has always been a dream of mine. 


'

The above is the flyer for Nritya Tarangini! If you are in Hyderabad on the date, please come and support me. I think it is going to be a very interesting program!

1 comment: